- Complete homework in a clear, organized, space with plenty of room to work.
- Minimize distractions. (Turn off T.V, radio, etc.)
- Create a routine for daily homework. (example: After arriving home from school, have a snack, take a timed break, and then complete homework.
- Make a "Things to Do" checklist for tasks, with built-in breaks in between tasks, if necessary.
- Pack backpack for next day when finished with homework. (Put homework in folder, return books to backpack, etc.)
- Plan ahead for long-term tasks. Make a plan and complete a little bit each day.
- Check student planner for daily assignments.
*Remember that homework is meant to be independent practice. If it is too difficult, frustrating, or takes an excessive amount of time, please jot me a note on the homework or send me an e-mail so that we can make adjustments.